Urology / Nephrology
The department of Urology at Shifaa Hospital looks after problems of bladder and kidneys. This includes using medicine and surgery.
The Urologist look after surgical problems of the urinary tract in both genders. Urology also looks after problems of the genital tract in the male. This includes the bladder, kidneys, ureters, urethra for men and women. Also the male sex organs. The patient may have pain in the side from the kidney area or in the lower abdomen from the bladder; problems passing urine; burning sensation while passing urine; infections; kidney or bladder stones; congenital problems of the urinary tract; men problem, cancers of urinary tract etc.
Renal physicians take care of the medical conditions of the kidneys, including renal failure, and dialysis. The two teams (ie urology & nephrology) often work together.
Urology specializes in:
- Urology Andrology- Problems only men have- male sexual problems or infertility.
- EndoUrology- procedure done through instruments without any incision on body.
- Renal Stones Treatment: URS; PCNL, MiniPERC.
- Prostate problems.
- Paediatric and Reconstructive Urology.
- Female Urology: treatment of stress, urinary incontinence.
- TOT & TVT procedures.
- Vencovaginal fistula repair.
- Recurrent UTI in women.
- Laparoscopic Urological surgeries.
- Open Urological procedures.